Black Friday Sale! FREE Light & Sunflare Overlays w/ purchase and 25% OFF storewide!
Use CODE: GIFT25
SHOP Florabella Actions
NEW Florabella Trinity Actions and Workflow + Retouch Brushes.
Florabella DISCOUNT CODES (one week only):
*** $20 off the Trinity Actions Set with code TRINITY20
*** $50 off the Trinity + Workflow/Retouch BUNDLE with code BUNDLE50
* Also get the new Cloud Overlays (40 in all) for FREE with purchase of Trinity + Workflow & Retouch Brushes Bundle. Video tutorials included.
She was watching cartoons. So cute how she holds her toes like this. Also edited with the Ballerina Action from the Muse Photoshop Actions.
WINNER: Jamie Howe… congrats!
Sasha told me her Christmas dream was to ride Misty one day. They really have the sweetest connection. Sasha sings to her, and Misty is so quiet and gentle around Sasha. So sweet.
New Holiday Glitter Overlays, Glitter Papers, and Glitter Frames from Florabella! Embellish your cards, marketing materials, blog and facebook posts, etc. So fun and easy!
+ Free Skintone Actions & Mini Retouch Set ($60 value… free for a limited time)
Purchase and download the new Florabella Muse, Color & Light, and Free Skintone Mini Retouch Actions now
Check out the before/after slideshow and all the details of the new Florabella Sets!
I was having Sasha stand in to test the light in our barn loft, and I ended up loving this shot so much- just that little tilt of her head… her retro sunglasses & beach dress up in the barn. There’s something so wrong but so right about it!
Quick edit with the Classic Film action from Classic Workflow Photoshop Actions.
Such great advice and one of my favorite photography quotes by Yousef Karsh. “Look and think before opening the shutter. The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera.”
We vacation at the beach every summer… this year, I wanted my kids to have more than just photos to remember it by. I’m not a videographer and don’t proclaim to be any sort of expert, but I’m very proud of this video for one reason: it makes all of us smile. My kids laugh and sing along as they watch, and I know they’ll enjoy it even more throughout the years.
The video was pretty easy to shoot… I used my Nikon D800 with the 50mm 1.4G lens (the only lens I brought to the beach). I handheld it most of the time- my brother is a producer of a reality TV show and told me that “dirty video” is really in right now (lol), so I didn’t worry about shake. After All, many times I was laughing too hard to hold the camera super steady. Then I used Adobe Premiere Pro to edit. From start to finish, this video took me one week to make.
A few personal notes about the video:
1. The very first part was the first footage I took. It was important to keep this part because it was my kids’ first moments running out to the beach and they were so excited. You can hear Sasha scream, “Freedom!!” lol!
2. Most of the footage was authentic and unstaged. There were a few exceptions… for example, there is one part where Sophie opens the blinds (love that part). I was lying in bed and she opened the blinds to see the beach. I noticed the gorgeous light, grabbed my camera and asked her to do it again. I’m glad I did that, because Sophie ended up doing that each morning
3. The first draft of the video included only clips of the kids. Then I realized that I’d likely regret that one day, and that it was important for my husband and I to be in the video too. I know my kids will cherish having video footage of us one day. So special thanks to my mom and my husband for filming those parts.
4. There is a clip with Sasha in a pink dress on the beach. I kept the sound because what she said was so cute, “Who’s photographing me? Ohhhh It’s my MOM!!”
5. I also left the sound in the clip of the kids goofing around inside. You can hear me laughing at the end. I want my kids to know how much they made me laugh…
6. Special thanks to Colbie Caillat for allowing me to license “Brighter than the Sun” which was the perfect song for this video.
7. My VERY favorite part of the entire video is the part with Sophie holding the shell, and when I pan up to her happy proud face, the lyrics are, ” ’cause your so damn beautiful”. We were looking for two things on the beach: shells/rocks shaped like hearts, and shells with holes so we could make necklaces. Sophie actually found this shell with a heart shaped hole! I cry every time during this part of the video. (If you have a favorite part, I’d love to know what it is… )
I don’t accept comments on this blog, but I’m happy to answer questions if you leave one in a comment on the post about the video on the Florabella Facebook page. Again, I’m not an expert and still learning, but I’m happy to share about my experience making this video because it was so rewarding (I’d challenge everyone to make one this summer – you won’t regret it)! Since the point is to make something fun and special, it really doesn’t matter what you shoot it with… in fact, I think I’ll try using my iPhone for my next video. And you can even edit it using iMovie on your iPad. The point is, to just do it.
So here it is….
Before / After of my recent Mirabella photo. Edited with Classic Workflow Photoshop Actions: Classic Rich (base) + Rich Autumn, Sable and Add Some Drama. ?
Love her little flyaways in the sunlight… Edited with Colorplay Photoshop Actions: Subtle Color + Sweet Lilac and Soft Tones & Hazes
My new Friesian filly, Mirabella is on her way here! I have her stall all ready for her… <3 Mirabella is Willow's baby cousin... I've blogged more at the Velvet Willow Blog.
Edited with Classic Workflow (Classic Color + 1968 & Pastel Haze) and color block & lace from the Color Matte & Design Kit)) Florabella Photoshop Actions
My beautiful Sophie Lu… (quick pose for me yesterday morning at breakfast)… she’s growing up so fast!
Edited with Colorplay & Classic Worfklow Actions: Perfect Color + Ethereal & 1968 and Blush Brush Florabella Actions
? Shot at the kitchen counter w/ the Nikon D4 & 85mm 1.4G lens at f/1.4
Kitty + Sasha = love. ? Two things I don’t do when I’m grief stricken (as I have been since my horse Willow died)…. I don’t drink, and I don’t shoot. But this morning, the kids were sitting at the breakfast bar, and the light was so pretty in my kitche… so I grabbed my camera and a couple vintage hats for the girls. I was trying to get a cute one of Sasha, but her best kitty friend Pierre stole the shot (so sweet)! Edited with Subtle Color + Buttercream + Blush Brush from Colorplay and 1968 from Classic Workflow Photoshop Actions )